E-Newsletter for the week of September 6, 2011
September 6, 2011
The Alabama Economic Development Alliance is hosting a series of visioning sessions in locations across the state of Alabama. On Tuesday, September 13, there will be an Alabama Economic Development Alliance Visioning Meeting at the Anniston City Meeting Center from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon. Participants will be given an opportunity to share their thoughts and visions for the future of economic development in Alabama and obtain perspectives on a variety of issues impacting preparation of this plan.
If you have any questions about these sessions, please contact The Alliance’s Taylor Williams at 334-241-7372 or BSA’s Tracy Sharp at 404-213-1680.
Additional information can be found at www.AccelerateAlabama.com
Your Chamber at a Glance:
- Did you know you can pay your membership dues online? Check out the Members Only section at www.calhounchamber.com. Call the Chamber if you need your user name or password.
- With your help, we are trying to increase inbound links to our website. If you are a Chamber member, have a website and would be willing, we would like to place a small chamber logo, which will serve as a hyperlink to our website. If you would like to participate, please call 256-237-3536 or email Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org for the URL and logo, which you can embed into your site in any place you choose.
- Did you know that the Chamber has a page on Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, and Youtube? Please, take a second and “Like” our pages. Help us reach 750 Facebook followers.
- We would like to offer our website’s visitors printable online coupons to use at our Chamber members’ locations. Email Emily the information about the deal or discount your business is going to provide customers and the expiration date for this offer at email@example.com.
- If you are a Chamber member and would like your job postings listed on our website, please contact Emily Duncan, our Member Services Coordinator, with the job description, application requirements, your contact information for the applicant, and the deadline to apply. You may contact Emily by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark your calendars for the Fireball Run Adventurally “Hometown Homecoming” on Friday, September 30 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in Downtown Anniston. For more information, join us for the Fireball Run Adventurally meeting on Friday, September 9 at 8:00 a.m. at the Chamber of Commerce.
The Chamber is challenging each of its members to recruit two new members before September 30th, and in return, their business will be featured in the Chamber’s Work Week Section of The Anniston Star. For more information, call the Chamber at 256-237-3536, or you can download a membership application from the Chamber’s website.
Leadership Calhoun County:
Leadership Calhoun County is kicking off on September 15th with team building at the Chamber office and then finishing up at the YMCA’s Camp Hamilton. As of now, LCC is excited to have 29 participants.
Small Business has planned a workshop for Tuesday, September, 13th on how to use Smartphones to increase business. (Call 256-237-3536 for details)
Sherri Sumners and COL (ret) Joel Denney will attend the first meeting of the Alabama Military Stabilization Commission. The Chamber will host a retirement dinner for MG Joe Harkey with the 167th Theater Sustainment Command. Sherri Sumners will emcee the Memorial Service for Maj. DeWayne Williams at the Jacksonville cemetery on September 11th at 2 pm. The public is welcome to attend and honor his memory in the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon.
Chamber Member Happenings This Week:
Thursday, September 8 at 9:00 a.m.
Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting for Rely Local
The Clardy Mansion: 621 College Street, Oxford, Alabama
Friday, September 9 at 8:00 a.m.
Fireball Run Adventurally Meeting
Friday, September 9 at 10:30 a.m.
Ribbon Cutting for: Ladiga Manor’s Dementia Unit
1116 James Hopkins Road, Jacksonville, AL
Mark your Calendars:
- Tuesday, September 13, Smartphone Workshop
- Thursday, September 22, Salute to Industry Golf at Cider Ridge
- Friday, September 30, Fireball Adventurally
- Tuesday, October 18, Business EXPO/ A Taste of Calhoun County
The Area’s Largest Networking Event
For Community Events, go to www.calhounchamber.com and visit the community calendar. Be sure to add your community events to the calendar.
New Chamber Partners
- Amanda Holcombe at Fabulous Fashions
Quintard Mall: 700 Quintard Drive, #FC4, Oxford, AL (256) 831-8611
- Tracy Schumann at The Four Paws Dog Grooming LLC
1102 South Quintard, Anniston, AL (256) 240-7117
Dog Grooming & Training
- Joe Webster at Monarch Windows and Doors
P.O. Box 249 & 1608 Frank Akers Rd., Anniston, AL (256) 831-7000
- Gerry Hamby at Industry Products Company
1530 ITC Way Anniston, AL (256) 835-1596
- Alan Hubbard at Small Town Bank
1720 Hamric Dr, Ste 11, Oxford, AL (256) 831-4015
The Calhoun County Chamber of Commerce 256-237-3536.