2014 Taste of Calhoun County
October 8, 2014
2014 is the year of the 30th Annual Business EXPO, and with EXPO comes the Taste of Calhoun County. On October 21, we will have 19 participating restaurants, serving up their specialties. With 6 categories, including Best Pizza, Chicken, Wings, Burger, Sandwich and Dessert, there is much to choose from this selection. Who are some of your favorites?
- Hubbard’s Off Main in Oxford, on Choccolocco Street, nominated their Pimento Cheese Burger and Stuffed Chicken.
- Smallcakes Cupcakery of Oxford submitted their Red Velvet Cupcake for Best Dessert.
- Prime Dining & Bar, on South Quintard in Anniston, selected their Black & Blue Burger.
- The Quintard Mall’s Chick-fil-a nominated their Original Chicken Sandwich and Chocolate Chunk Cookie.
- Momma Goldberg’s of Jacksonville submitted their signature Momma’s Love for Best Sandwich.
- Red Pepper Grill, also located in the Quintard Mall, selected their Pollo Ranchero and Chocolate Chimichanga for this year’s competition.
- Mata’s Greek Pizza nominated their new Chicken Alfredo Pizza.
- Mad Hatter Cupcakes of Jacksonville submitted the Rocky Cocky, which they serve on Fridays.
- Thai One On, of Anniston’s Noble Street, chose the Pad Thai Chicken #3 and Fried Banana for their “Best Dishes.”
- Jefferson’s of Oxford selected their Double Dipped Wings and Jefferson’s Burger for the competition.
- Zaxby’s nominated their Traditional Wing Meal and their Chicken Finger Plate.
- Artisanal Baked Goods chose their signature French Macaroons for the 2014 Taste of Calhoun County.
- Heroes American Grille chose their Warrior Wings and Fire in the Hole Burger.
- Cheaha Brewing nominated their Burger and Bread Pudding for the Taste.
- McAlister’s Deli submitted their Club Sandwich and Carrot Cake for the 2014 experience.
- The Peerless Saloon and Grille is serving their Smoked Salmon BLT Sandwich and their Burger on a Sundried Tomato Wrap.
- Bojangles chose their Roasted Chicken Bites for the 2014 Taste of Calhoun County.
- Wiseguys Pizzeria and Bar selected the Spicy Sweet Red Chili Wings and the “Don” Chicago Style Pizza.
- Mellow Mushroom nominated their Funky Q Chicken Pizza and Psychedelic Cookie Sundae.
These 19 Restaurants will be serving samples at the 2014 Business EXPO from 11:00 A.M until 1:00 P.M. and 5:00 P.M. until 6:30 P.M. Best Lunch will be announced at 2:00 P.M., and the category and evening awards will be announced at 6:15 P.M. If you can’t make it to the Anniston City Meeting Center, tune into the live streaming at www.annistonstar.com.