Leadership Calhoun County
April 29, 2016
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.” —Margaret Mead
Leadership Calhoun County is currently accepting nominations for the Class of 2016 – 2017. LCC is great opportunity for leaders and emerging leaders to be part of an extraordinary program that will help with professional development, personal growth and knowledge of the community.
Leadership Calhoun County (LCC) is a program of the Calhoun County Chamber of Commerce and is designed to prepare and build upon leadership resources within our entire county. Each class is comprised of leaders and emerging leaders of this area.
This ten month program covers eleven class sessions, which include: Orientation & Team Building, State Government, Economic Development & Industry, Financial Sectors, Law & Justice, Cultural Arts, Board Training, Small Business, Education, Healthcare, Media, Community Service, Defense & Security, and Quality of Life.
Leadership Calhoun County strives to:
- motivate participants to achieve their leadership potential
- bring together participants and current leaders to discuss the present and future direction of Calhoun County
- prepare participants as more effective professionals by sharpening their leadership skills
- challenge participants to greater involvement through volunteer roles in the community
- examine programs and agencies that currently operate within Calhoun County
- create the opportunity for participants to come to know, respect and establish a rapport with each other
Nominees should be individuals who have strong leadership qualities and who would contribute to the class and benefit from LCC. Self-nominations are encouraged.
The downloadable application is available at www.CalhounChamber.com. The deadline for submitting the fully completed application package- which includes headshot, letter of recommendation and $25 application fee – is May 31, 2016. Each nominee must be an employee of an active member of the Calhoun County Chamber of Commerce.