Chamber Program Spotlight: Leadership Calhoun County
May 26, 2016
“A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.” –Douglas MacArthur
Leadership Calhoun County (LCC) is a program of the Calhoun County Chamber of Commerce and is designed to prepare and build upon leadership resources within our entire county. For 31 years, each class has been comprised of leaders and emerging leaders of this area. LCC started in 1985 and now boasts 907 alumni who are among Calhoun County’s top leaders and business professionals. This 10 month program covers topics ranging from Law Enforcement and Judicial Systems to Quality of Life to State Government to Cultural Arts.
The Goals of LCC are as follows:
- To motivate participants to achieve their leadership potential.
- To bring together participants and current leaders to discuss the present and future direction of Calhoun County
- To prepare participants as more effective professionals by sharpening their leadership skills
- To challenge participants to greater involvement through volunteer roles in the community
- To examine programs and agencies that currently operate within Calhoun County
- To create the opportunity for participants to come to know, respect and establish a rapport with each other
Currently, applications are being accepted for the class of 2017. The deadline for submitting these applications is Tuesday, May 31st. Nominees should be individuals who have strong leadership qualities and who would contribute to the class and benefit from LCC. Self-nominations are encouraged. Each nominee must be an employee of an active member of the Calhoun County Chamber of Commerce.
The application is available online at www.CalhounChamber.com. Video testimonials from LCC alumni are available for viewing on the Chamber’s YouTube Channel. For more information, contact Lisa Morales at 256-237-3536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.