Eat! Stay! Play!
December 2, 2016
Do you think you know everything there is to know about Calhoun County? Have you explored all of the world-class attractions, restaurants & shops and restaurants right here in your own backyard? Calhoun County has low cost family fun, cool adventures, historic explorations, cultural entertainment, comfortable lodging, unique dining & dynamic shopping districts. Be a tourist in your own county this Holiday Season!
- Explore downtown Anniston, Oxford & Jacksonville to experience the shops, sights and charm! #UShopLocal
- Visit the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) and take part in the practice shooting at the Marksmanship Center air gun ranges.
- Take a walking tour of the Freedom Rider’s Civil Rights Heritage Trail and find out the major role Calhoun County played during the Civil Rights movement!
- Into mountain biking? Try your wheels out at Coldwater Mountain Bike Trail!
- Explore the highest point in Alabama at the Cheaha State Park. Overlook Calhoun County and its entire splendor.
- Visit our very own world-renowned museums: Anniston Museum of Natural History and The Berman Museum of World History where you can learn about natural and world history!
- Explore the Centennial Memorial Park, which serves as the official memorial for fallen Alabama soldiers, firefighters and law enforcement officers.
For a full list of attractions and things to do, visit www.VisitCalhounCounty.com!
So You Think You Know Calhoun County?
Do you think you know everything there is to know about Calhoun County’s one-of-a kind tourist attractions? Take the quiz below and find out just how remarkable a staycation in Calhoun County could be!
- Its original function was serving the railroad, but now no motorized vehicles are allowed on this 33 mile stretch.
- Once a very productive apple orchard that produced 20,000 gallons of apple cider each year, this course boasts 6,946 yards.
- Built in the 1800s, this holy place has a majestic twelve foot altar of white Carrara marble shipped from Italy and England and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Chief Ladiga Trail
- Cider Ridge Golf Club
- Michaels & All Angels
Would you like more information to help plan your staycation or to simply explore Calhoun County? Visit The Calhoun County Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center and Request your FREE Visitor’s Guide!